Mystic Creek
You gotta log in to be awesome...
Mystic Creek
You gotta log in to be awesome...
Mystic Creek
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where you can RP as an animal or a human. This RP is where you decide whether you live or die.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

August 2011 Competition

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mugzy
Admin
Mugzy

August 2011 Competition Empty
PostSubject: August 2011 Competition   August 2011 Competition I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:23 am

I would like to announce our very first competition!!! The rewards are ENDLESS.

This competition is about

Story Writing

Write the best story EVAAAAR! :3 Make it interesting. If it's about vampires, I, honestly, won't be too interested. Make up more ideas! Go beyond your imagination! Make it a cupcake with a hula skirt sinking in the ocean for all I care!

Rules

1. Come on, people. Don't steal stories. It just shows how awful you are at coming up with ideas.

2. Cussing is allowed, no matter the intensity, but please put a -Cussing Warning- on the top of your post to warn others, please.

3. Sexual themes are definitely NOT allowed. No exceptions. The farthest you may go is.. hmm.. idk. Just don't do it. xD Kissing and such is definitely allowed! Smile

4. It may be about ANYTHING! I don't care if it's a persuasive essay! Just do it well.

5. It must be at least more than a paragraph.

6. Ahem, do at least a chapter of the story or whatever. If I like it, I might even put it in a "Stories" forum I might be making. Er.. if it's good enough, that is.

7. What do I mean by "good enough"? It must have barely/fair grammar mistakes. It must be descriptive. ("I walked to the store." does not count as "good enough".)

8. The story may be 1st person, 2nd person, 3rd person, or whatever! There is one exception: Troy *walks over to the cashier* YOU MAY NOT WRITE YOUR STORY LIKE THAT!! >.<

9. Please use periods, apostrophes, and capitalization. "i walked to the store" is unacceptable.

10. Have fun while you make your stories. Please.

Post your stories whenever you like! I'll put your usernames below! There are only 1st and 2nd place, however! Be creative! Aaaaannnnddd.... story-write!

Clara

The winners will be announced at the end of August!

Last edited by Mugzy on Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Http://mugzyrae.deviantart.com
Kodi
Admin
Kodi

PostSubject: Re: August 2011 Competition   August 2011 Competition I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:19 am

I'll join this. :D I'll get started on my story as soon as possible. Two questions tho. Are we allowed to use characters from movies/books, and when is the deadline?
Back to top Go down
http://nextgeneration.forumotion.co.uk/
Mugzy
Admin
Mugzy

PostSubject: Re: August 2011 Competition   August 2011 Competition I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Yes it may. XD

The deadline is at teh bottom :3
Back to top Go down
Kodi
Admin
Kodi

PostSubject: Re: August 2011 Competition   August 2011 Competition I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:46 pm

I'm currently on Chapter 6, and it looks like I'm gonna go on a lot. Is it OK if I post my story in a new thread when I'm done, so I can have each chapter as a new post?
Back to top Go down
Mugzy
Admin
Mugzy

PostSubject: Re: August 2011 Competition   August 2011 Competition I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 6:46 am

Lol I guess I'll look at all of it, even though one chapter is all you really need XD
Back to top Go down
Kodi
Admin
Kodi

PostSubject: Re: August 2011 Competition   August 2011 Competition I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:27 am

I've finished mine! (finally) And I'm currently working on the sequel. *whistles innocently*

I've spoken to FerretFanatic and Haunted Ferret. They've said they might join if you extend the deadline slightly, or they won't have time to finish.
Back to top Go down
Mugzy
Admin
Mugzy

PostSubject: Re: August 2011 Competition   August 2011 Competition I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:57 am

Alright. Here we are! C: I got teh results right here. xD

Let me just tell you how glad I am for all who participated!

Let me give you some feedback.

Clara. Loved your story. I'm not too fond of Batman and stuff, but overall it was great. Though, there was too much speaking in it.

Haunted. I think your story was pretty interesting c: The plot drew me in, most definitely. Many of the sentences could be combined, though. I would have liked to see more description in it, however. The chapters could have been a bit longer than a paragraph, but it was terrific!

Shadow. I enjoyed your story. Though, it didn't really draw me in. There was a lack of puncuation; there weren't many periods to indicate the next sentence and commas. I do, however, like the length of the story.

So.. without further ado..

The winners are...

Clara who got first place!

Haunted who got second place!

and..

Shadow who got third place!

Heh. This one was just for fun. >:3 Therefore, there was no prize. Muahahahahahaha *cackles menacingly*
Back to top Go down
Kodi
Admin
Kodi

PostSubject: Re: August 2011 Competition   August 2011 Competition I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:44 am

Wow....thankyou! :D And I read Haunted and Shadows as well, I really enjoyed them, nice work!

I always put in too much speaking....or too little....I'm no good with speaking....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 2011 Competition   August 2011 Competition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

August 2011 Competition
Page 1 of 1